Sunday, July 13, 2008

There and back again.

Alright..well it's been a while.  So sorry!  Little Rock was fun, yes, yes, I know there were parts of that weren't the greatest but all in all it was a great trip.  I got to see some people that I've missed dearly which was fantastic.  And what was once a really bad situation now is heading in a much better direction :).  Martha's Vineyard was unbelievable!  The whole place looked like it could be in a calendar.  So gorgeous.  I also did a little celebrity hob-nobbing ;) couldn't help myself.  I don't think I've slept as hard as I did there in my entire life.  The relaxed atmosphere of the entire island was contagious.  Wonderful.

Back in LA.  A few days after coming back my mom came out to visit.  We had a great time, showing her the sights, playing with my kitties and eating some great LA-style food.  Healthy of course...which is why I love LA.  I have to admit I was ready to come back to the big city.  As much as I love the Vineyard, and am really excited to go back on Thursday, I was ready to be back to 'reality'.  I say 'reality' because LA isn't really anything like reality.  If you've ever been here you know what I'm talking about, and if you're about to visit...get ready.  It's fabulous!

This week I'm off to the Step Brothers premiere for the Job.  A premiere!  Can't believe it!  It should be a wicked good time, cannot wait to tell you about it.  After the premiere I'm heading off again to the Vineyard.  I'll be there for about a week and a half.  The last four days of the trip my sister and Owen (my nephew) are coming to visit.  So excited!  I need some sister/nephew time.  Then we all ship out together to back to Madison for my birthday.  How wonderful right?  I get to see my family and friends for the best day of the year! ;)  It's going to be a great next few weeks, I'll try to keep you updated as often as I can.  (It seems Martha's Vineyard doesn't like me communicating with the outside world, I get no cell or internet service!)  I miss you all, can't wait to hear from you.  xoxo

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so excited you are having such a wonderful time! I've always heard that Maratha's Vineyard is a beautiful place. You should post a pix or two for us to see. Have fun at the premier! That's really exciting! Take care!

Kim from DQ